From bustling Mumbai to peaceful Rishikesh
India is packed with a variety of architectural and cultural attractions such as the world famous Taj Mahal in Agra, numerous amazing natural wonders such as the beaches of Goa and the backwaters of Kerala, or charming religious cities such as Varanasi.
There are numerous sights to be discover in every state, big or small, all over the country. The following is Funky India’s top pick of the country’s top attractions:
- Taj Mahal : the splendid marble tomb in Agra, consider the most iconic sight in India
- Varanasi : known as the world’s oldest inhabited city with some 5,000 years history, as well as India’s most important religious sight, being the birth place of Hinduism.
- Goa : the number one Indian resort destination packed with some spectacular beaches and natural beauty , as well as a lovely Portuguese influenced architecture.
- Kochi : one of the most amazing destination in Kerala offering spectacular beaches and the unique house boat experience on its backwaters.
- Pondicherry : once a popular French colony it is a sought after spiritual destination with a remaining French bistro vibe
- Sundarbans: world’s largest mangrove forest, home to the remarkable Royal Bengal tigers and estuarine crocodiles.
- Hill Stations: surrounded with some of the country most spectacular natural beauty in the northern stations of Darjeeling, Shimla and Shillong.
- Srinagar : capital city of the Jammu and Kashmir state surrounded by the Himalayas mountain range and next to the amazing Dal lake
- Andamans : spectacular island considered a sought after resort destination within the Bay of Bengal.
- Mumbai (Bombay): India’s Bollywood and financial capital